Saturday, April 24, 2010

New Cabin



Today is Saturday and my son-in-law is working on my cabin. He is putting in the counter top and I actually helped. I like helping with the cabin because I can say yeah I helped build it. He is doing most of the work himself to cut down on costs But its hard because he also has to work at his construction jobs. He is a contractor.
Usually when I offer to help he will tell me no he does not need me to help, which is fine. I think he likes doing it himself, you know so he can say I did this. When I offered to help with the dry wall he just laughed at me. Hopefully I will be in the little house by the middle of May any way I hope so. We picked out flag stone for the hearth today and I really like it. Where I live you have to have a wood burning stove to stay warm in the winter. The first winter I was here was the worst winter they had in 30 years. I was ready to pack up and go back to the coast. We had so much snow that year that we could not get out for a few days, but we had enough grocerys to last and the propane tank had just been filled and we had plenty of fire wood, so we were O.K.
Thats it for today. Talk to you soon

No comments:

Post a Comment